Circulation Desk Student Assistant [application form]
Job openings for Spring 2013 are all filled. We will announce openings for next year as we near the end of the current semester.
Science majors are especially encouraged to apply, and may be trained as reference desk assistants after one semester at the circulation desk. Need assistants willing to work one 10pm-12midnight shift weekly.
$7.85 per hour, 6-8 hrs/wk.
Questions? email email@example.com
- Assist library users at the circulation desk: check-in/out library materials; retrieve items for patrons from reserve and holdshelves, answer questions regarding reserve loan policies; enforce library policies
- Maintain library in good order: shelve materials, shelf-read and clean stacks, process new books and journals, dust and vacuum computer equipment and tables, keep current journals in order
- Provide basic reference and directional assistance: answer questions regarding OBIS, help users find items on the library shelves, direct patrons to standard sources, refer complex reference questions to science librarian or student reference assistant
- Miscellaneous duties: photocopier and copier maintenance, basic troubleshooting in library computer classroom, make photocopies for staff, other office duties as assigned
- A friendly, approachable, service-oriented attitude is essential, as is the ability to work well without direct supervision on evenings and weekends
- Must be dependable, with a clear sense of responsibility for fulfilling scheduled work assignments
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions and pay close attention to details
- An Oberlin College Financial Aid job award is desired
Number of hours6-8 per week.
Starting WageSpring 2013: $ 7.85 per hour
Deadline to Apply - [applications no longer accepted for Spring 2013]
Submit an application form (available online or at the circulation desk) to the Science Library circulation desk or mail to: Science Center Library, 119 Woodland St., Oberlin OH 44074.
Oberlin College Library actively seeks a diverse student staff.
OBERLIN COLLEGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER