Fine Payments & Appeals
- Make fine payments at the circulation desk in the Main, Art or Science Libraries during posted hours
- We accept cash, checks, and OBIEDollars (Main Library only)
- Payment may be mailed to the attention the Main Library Dirculation Desk (see address at the bottom of the page)
- Students may have an immediate 1/2 off discount if the fine is paid within 2 weeks of notification
- Discount amount and deadline appear in the email notice
- Fines may be appealed by replying to the email notice within 2 weeks
- Unpaid fines totaling $150 or more automatically suspend student borrowing privileges. Unpaid fines totaling $50 or more automatically suspend courtesy borrowing privileges
- Privileges are restored when the fine total drops below $150.
- We hold a student's enrollment until fines from the previous semester are paid. Graduating seniors, withdrawn students, and students on leave are billed for any outstanding fines.
Hourly fines start to accrue after a brief grace period. The first fine increment posts minutes after an item is due, not after the first hour. To illustrate, here's an example of the accruing of a $5/hour fine:
|time of return
|returned after grace period, up to 1 hour overdue
|returned 1 to 2 hours overdue
|returned 2 to 3 hours overdue