Carrels may be used as a places to study and to store library materials.
- open to any Oberlin student
- assigned on a first-come, first-served basis in the second week of each semester
- sign up at the circulation desk
- an up-to-date list of open carrels is available throughout the semester
- if a carrel is unoccupied, anyone may use it
- all library materials stored in carrels must be marked with completed IN HOUSE USE streamers
- materials without streamers will be picked up and reshelved
- the library is not responsible for personal belongings left in carrels
- violation of the food and drink or smoking policies may result in the loss of privileges
- by signing up for a carrel you agree to abide by the Rules for Use.