ID Card

Obie Dollars

The Obie Dollars Program is a prepaid debit card program that allows students to use their ID cards to purchase goods and services both on and off campus. The Obie Dollar declining balance account is encoded on the student's College ID card.

On campus, students can use Obie Dollars to pay for copies at the copy machines in the College libraries, and for printing in computing center printer labs. Students may also use Obie Dollars to buy snacks or meals at any of the Campus Dining Services dining halls, or retail operations, and to supplement their CDS Flex Points. Students can also use Obie Dollars in some laundry facilities.

Students can use Obie Dollars at a number of downtown merchants for items such as food, clothing, and bookstore necessities. Below is a list of stores that accept Obie Dollars:


  • All Campus Dining Services Locations
  • CIT Technology Store
  • The Oberlin Bookstore
  • Student Health Center
  • Wilder Student Union Information Desk
  • Mudd Library Circulation Desk

Off-Campus Participants

  • Aladdin's Eatery
  • Ben Franklin Five and Dime
  • Cafe Sprouts
  • Domino's Pizza
  • Main Street Diner
  • Gibson's Food Market and Bakery
  • Oberlin Market
  • Pizza Hut
  • Watson's Hardware

Making a Deposit

  • Obie Dollars Form: Complete and return with your check to the address listed on the form (No credit cards accepted).
  • Student Online Deposits
  • Guest Deposits
  • Deposit Checks at the Office of Residential Education: Forms can be picked up in Stevenson Hall-Griswold Commons or downloaded from the link above.
  • Value Transfer Station (VTS): Deposits of less than $25 can be made by inserting cash into one of the value transfer stations in Mudd Center and the Science Library; these deposits are available for immediate use.
  • Applications may be submitted throughout the academic year. Please allow two weeks for processing.

    Your account will remain open until you leave Oberlin, unless you request otherwise. Accounts may be closed for a $25 processing fee. Refunds are available upon written request to the Office of Residential Education and Dining Services..

    Updated: 8/26/2014